We Treat You Like Family

  1. Home
  2.  » Modifications

Modifying Support And Custody Orders To Align With Your Current Needs

Even if agreements reached in your divorce met your needs at the time, there is a good chance you will need an attorney in the future because situations often change.

At the Law Office of Amy L. Gervich, our experienced divorce and family law attorney represents clients who are seeking modifications to support and custody agreements and orders. We can help you receive a fair, updated agreement that reflects your current circumstances in matters relating to:

Find Out If Your Current Agreement Is Fair

Our experienced lawyer begins the modification process by looking at your current situation and determining whether you are receiving the amount of child support required by the law. To do this we use Form 14, a Missouri-approved child support qualifications calculator. If your circumstances are significantly different than when the original agreement was put in place, you have a right to seek a modification to reflect the current realities of your life.

Child support and custody agreements can be modified or enforced in a number of ways such as:

  • Increasing or decreasing child support
  • Terminating child support
  • Prosecuting and defending terminations of child support
  • Increasing or decreasing custody and visitation

In addition to our work with clients on child support issues, we at the Law Office of Amy L. Gervich also help clients with modifications to spousal support. We can help you if you have had a change in circumstances that severely impacts your livelihood.

Have You Been Accused Of Not Paying?

At our firm, we defend people who are accused of failing to pay child support. There are significant penalties for failure to pay child support, making it extremely important to have a skilled attorney on your side. We will work diligently to protect your interests and defend you from these accusations, helping you preserve your rights.

Protecting Children Is Our First Priority

At the Law Office of Amy L. Gervich, our No. 1 goal is to make sure that all problems are resolved in a way that protects your interests and the interests of the children involved. When custody or visitation is an issue, you can request a guardian ad litem to make sure your child’s interests are protected.

To discuss your current situation with an experienced attorney — and your desire to have a preexisting agreement or order modified to reflect your current situation — call 866-942-1169 or contact us online today for a free initial consultation. From our office in Clayton, we represent people throughout the greater St. Louis area.

St. Louis County Bar Association
Illinois State Bar Association
LEX | The Missouri Bar