Free Initial Consultation

Should I request a child custody modification?

Rearing a child when you are separated from their other parent can be challenging at times. If you are unhappy with the current child custody arrangement for one reason or another, you may want to request a child custody modification. However, you can only request a child custody modification under certain circumstances.

If you want to file for a modification, you will need to show that the situation has changed since the current child custody arrangement was put into place. The following are some situations in which it would be appropriate to attempt to modify child custody.

Is your child is at risk?

Your child's safety and wellbeing are always going to be the highest priority. Therefore, if your child has been returning home from the other parent with bruising or if they are showing any signs of mental or physical abuse, you should take action immediately.

Is the visitation schedule is being ignored?

A visitation schedule is in place for a reason and it should be adhered to at all times. If the other parent is repeatedly ignoring the visitation schedule, you should consider filing a motion to modify.

Does one parent wants to relocate?

If one parent wants to relocate to another town or state, this will likely affect the current visitation schedule. Therefore, action should be taken to modify the child custody agreement to reflect these changes.

If you believe that a modification of child custody would be in your child's best interest, you should waste no time in taking action to secure a better future for your child.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For a Response

Tell Us Your Story

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy


230 S. Bemiston, Suite 440
Clayton, MO 63105

Toll Free: 866-942-1169
Phone: 314-480-5541
Fax: 314-721-2771
Clayton Law Office Map